Tired of Using special shampoos for dandruff, try some homemade stuff to vanish those dandruff flakes. Dandruff results from dry scalp and different conditions called seborrheic. It may be caused by fungus, eczema, and fungus.
Top 10 home treatment for dandruff Are listed below.
- Aspirin- It contains ingredients like salicylic acid as many other shampoos. Crush aspirin to make a fine powder and add it to your shampoo. Apply that on your hair and leave it for 5 minutes and rinse well with cold water for better results.
- Tree tea oil- Shampoos with tea tree oil works well for dandruff related issues. You can add some drops to you normal shampoo.
- Baking soda- You can check out your kitchen for baking soda to get rid off from the scalp. Rub handful of baking soda into your scalp. It helps in reducing overactive fungi. At first, you may feel dryness, but after few days your scalp will produce natural oils.
- Apple cider vinegar- The acidity of vinegar changes the scalp’s pH, preventing yeast to grow on a scalp. Mix 200 ml in 1 liter of water in a spray bottle and sprinkle on your scalp. Wrap up your head with a wet towel for 15 minutes, then rinse yours with normal shampoo.
- Mouth cleanser- To treat dandruff, one can use rinse hair with mouthwash. Follow up with shampoo and a cleanser. Mouth cleanser has anti-fungal properties which prevent dandruff from growing.
- Coconut Oil- To treat dandruff, one can use the oldest method to get rid of dandruff. Massage your scalp with coconut oil and wait for about one hour. Wash your hair with normal shampoo.
- Lemon- Lemon helps to maintain the pH of your hair. Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon in water or oil and massage the mixture on your scalp. Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse your scalp with normal water followed up by shampoo.
- Salt- The harshness of table salt works well on our scalp to remove dandruff flakes. Put some salt on your scalp and massage your hair to get rid of flaky skin. And get ready for conditioning your hair.
- Aloe vera- It is a natural product which can fight numerous of hair related issues without any side effects. Make a soothe from aloe vera gel and apply on your dry scalp before shampooing. It will have a cooling effect and relief you from itching.
- Garlic- Garlic is well known for its antimicrobial properties and hence can be the solution for dandruff related issues. Make a paste of at least 10 garlic and rub on your scalp. Massage this mixture directly on your scalp and leave it for 1 hour.
- Olive Oil- Massage your hair with hot olive oil and leave for overnight. Follow up with olive oil shampoo for better results.